- MT @novonordiskus We believe in active&healthy lifestyles & support @AmDiabetesAssn #TourDeCure w/ @novonordiskus teams across the country. ->
- Winter DONE. Snow GONE. Training on new bike TOMORROW. Raising funds to #StopDiabetes http://t.co/zwKotgE0E3 http://t.co/xZlajSB1WA ->
- RT @theycallme_NUKE: #tourdecure training tomorrow! #Knoxville ->
- RT @VeloCreek: Bring your dirty bikes to Velo Creek and for a $5 donation to the #TourDeCure and we will clean it for you. Team… http://t… ->
- Men’s Green Velvet Shamrock Vest with 2 Shirts – MESH http://t.co/9Lw7BFW0Yy ->
- A vest for St Paddy's and 2 mesh shirts! #SecondLife #SLMarketplace https://t.co/hlSpvS3WvY… http://t.co/r0LvqYMYSP ->
- Great gift idea on #SecondLife #SLMarketplace – Green Velvet Shamrock Vest and 2 Shirts – MESH https://t.co/nb06wo2Dnn ->
- Celebrate #StPatricksDay #SecondLife wearing this men's mesh vest and looking festive! https://marketplace.s… http://t.co/5UNNZdezFg ->
- Happy #StPatricksDay in #SecondLife – SALE! Men's Green Velvet Shamrock Vest $L199 #Mesh https://marketplace… http://t.co/XMvf4cKnz7 ->
My friend DJ Pb Recreant has a regular gig playing tunes at the Blue Booby Bar in Escanes, mostly for members of the Cafe Wellstone politics and news chat group. He always has a pretty eclectic mix and takes requests.
On a whim I sent copies of the new St Patrick’s Day mesh vest for men that I put together from a kit to him and some of the other Cafe Wellstone guys, after he sent out a group message announcing the gig. Very kindly he sent back this screencap showing off the vest! That was really nice of him.
So of course I wrapped up the stuff I was doing and headed over to relax and listen to some not-quite-Irish remixes and interesting cuts of Celtic goodness.
It was a fun evening, always is as the Blue Booby Bar, whose motto is “My Eyes Are Up Here!”
Happy St Patrick’s Day! Wear your Green Velvet Shamrock Vest to celebrate the wearing of the green, wear it any time of the year as the pattern is subtle.
My first foray into mesh clothing kits – I redid the textures on the outer and inner vest (the outer green velvet is my texture, the inner one is a beautifully detailed velvet pattern that was given out full perm).
There are TWO mesh shirts, alphas for all, and the alpha textures if you need to tweak for your shape (especially on the bottom layer.
I’ve also included an alpha so that the vest can be worn with bare arms or system shirts.
- In The Pipeline – Shamrock Mesh Vest http://t.co/9LPHtAI11q ->
- In The Pipeline http://t.co/BoA3tEnuG9 ->
- Getting on the bike trainer, listening to @radioriel #Steampunk today. http://t.co/fPXIEu59Pn ->
- @lhavenst @SecondLie Nothing succeeds like successfully jacking up the prices. in reply to lhavenst ->
- Shopping list for #AgentsofSHIELD – cough drops for @IMBrettDalton ->
- RT @Level7AccessPod An adorable look forward to the rest of #AgentsofSHIELD season 2 with the cast & @lorrainecink! http://t.co/2FHaSeInhO ->
- Meanwhile, working on a mesh kit for #StPatricks in #SecondLife. http://t.co/1rDdRovJsF ->
- RT @Demonkid: High Fidelity Raises $11M To Build Deployable Virtual Worlds http://t.co/xUomajSPZW via @techcrunch #SL #HYFY #VR ->
- Meanwhile, I can barely make a system shirt, let alone rigged mesh. #SecondLifeProblems ->
- Makes me want to dig my Oui Coupe out of inventory. #CurioObscura's stuff is amazingly mad scientisty. ->
- @DrewFromTV – social media survival gear from #CurioObscura https://t.co/QLgCYyeP5L… http://t.co/0zde5frfNb ->
- @draxtor Can't wait for the big reveal. Had to edit that retweet, sorry! ->
- MT @draxtor Nylon Pinkney's RL shall be revealed – FRIDAY on Drax Files [hope @DrewFromTV is ready] #sllooksgoodtoday http://t.co/tcAk6JOnm1 ->
- All of my Flickr stuffs, let me show you them. https://t.co/pDaEvPxZU3 ->
- Meanwhile, working on a mesh kit for #StPatricks in #SecondLife. http://t.co/1rDdRoe845 ->
- ShamrockVestPreview http://t.co/9Z3EfHMfGE ->
- I ride my steampunk bike in #SecondLife while the typist is #intraining http://t.co/zwKotgE0E3 http://t.co/rHkDhxHQfM ->
- My typist is riding 40 miles to raise $2000 for diabetes research in the #TourdeCure. Follow her progress at http://t.co/zwKotgE0E3 ->
- @marimccann Sorry I missed your rezday party! It looked like many funs were had. in reply to marimccann ->
After a long time away from my inworld home and friends, I made it back in time for bon temps in St John Parish. The party was held in the Maison Bleu club, hosted by the inimitable DJ Holocluck.
The music was terrific and the typist got up and danced.
I will be working on some new projects – sadly, I won’t be participating in STEAM X as a merchant, but happily I will be a hunter! I just felt I needed to improve my building skills, and I’ve taken a vow during Lent to try to do something toward learning Blender or creating products with mesh every day for these long 40 days (and yes, including Sundays, so even more).
I’ll be adding some new fun Grid Explorer hats for Dinkies avatars – currently the ones I have out aren’t sized or rotated for the small li’l big-headed kitties so I’ll be doing some rework.
However, starting with a fun mesh kit from Meli Imako, I’m working on some nice men’s vests and a women’s outfit.
Here’s a preview of one I’m working up with a pretty shamrock pattern in velvet. This will probably change a bit as the base color on the outer vest will probably end up a dark bottle green. There’s a shirt that goes along with it that needs some texturing work. Standard sizes will be available along with the usual alpha mask.
Dhughan will also come out of hibernation earlier than usual, and he’ll be working on some new walking sticks, also in mesh.
Baby steps, but we’re feeling more optimistic that it’s just a question of hard work and practice, practice, practice. This means that I’ll be reviving my little OpenSim workspace so that uploads don’t break the bank, but if you happen to see me online, give me a shout.
- @m_ethaniel Quittin' time – "work done" in Hawaiian. Now I can play… in reply to m_ethaniel ->
- Right, it's pau hana time for me. ->
- @maureenjohnson I think you and I are on the same page, crush-wise and mouse-wise. ->
- RT @tandykins: Christians who whitewash their own Bible. Own up to the -whole- text, not just the parts which serve your purposes. #OverIt… ->
- RT @goudsward #OverIt2014 Totally over Fox News being treated as a legitimate news source instead of the rig… http://t.co/PJlAxpPJyH ->
- Elliot Rodger. #NotAllOverIt2014 ->
- Fundamentalist Christians attacking MY LIBERAL CHRISTIAN faith #BecauseObama #OverIt2014 ->
- RT @CoryShowtime: #OverIt2014: a "Christian" media outlet that's against peace on earth, healing the sick, feeding the hungry, and housing … ->
- RT @gotsingh: I'm sick of white so-called Christians(@seanhannity) blindly doing satan's work on national TV
- Low-income, low-information voters who believe @FoxandFriends lies. #OverIt2014 ->
- Democrats that don't turn out to vote. #OverIt2014 ->
- GOP Congress that voted down the Jobs for Vets Bill. They'll take the Hypocritic Oath in 2015. #OverIt2014 ->
- @marimccann Terrifying… in reply to marimccann ->
- @gentlemanrhymer And just in time for tea as promised. You are a gentleman and a rhymer, sir. in reply to gentlemanrhymer ->
- RT @gentlemanrhymer 2015 the new Mr.B video is here! Featuring the vocal talents of Noël Coward, here's 'Vegetables' https://t.co/GuvTAdtPF2 ->
- @CelestialElff Ah! Have some experience with OS maps, bumbling around Yorkshire. in reply to CelestialElff ->
- RT @JohnFugelsang: 1984 – if libs say Reaganomics will destroy the middle class, call 'em commies.
2014 – if the middle class has been dest… ->
- At least my typist-monkey was already signed up for the charity ride. Now she gets to wear a special jersey. http://t.co/sTfG3pWnpz ->
- @CelestialElff Beautiful. What is that structure? Chimney, or remnant of a coke oven? in reply to CelestialElff ->
- @neddings Yes. Bite they little heads off. in reply to neddings ->
- @gentlemanrhymer @radioriel So about 2pm "Eastern Standard Confusing Time" (h/t Glenn Miller) in reply to gentlemanrhymer ->
- RT @gentlemanrhymer: To get your 2015 off to a flyer, the brand new Mr.B video will be 'dropping' this evening. At teatime! ->
- My real-life typist has been diagnosed with diabetes. She is fine, but needs virtual chocolate. #SecondLife ->
- @gentlemanrhymer also will want to let @radioriel know, they have a #Steampunk channel as well as a #Dieselpunk one. in reply to gentlemanrhymer ->
- @gentlemanrhymer Ooo-er!!! Do let me know when it's time to put the kettle on. @kryptonradio, take note!! ->
- Starting out right listening to @Cmdr_Hadfield on @kryptonradio ->
What’s the one thing Linden Lab could do that would have the biggest impact on further improving your Second Life experience?
Many Second Life users have thoughts on this – from different approaches for the way things are done today, to brand new features that could dramatically improve their experiences, to seemingly small things that could have a big impact. Today, we’re launching an easier way to share your ideas with us, a new “Feedback & Suggestions” page on SecondLife.com. You can also find this page by going to Help and finding New Feature Suggestions in the drop down.
I admit, I haven’t been very active lately, and haven’t been logging in. Yet I stay more or less current by reading blogs, Twitter feeds, and checking in on Facebook with Second Life friends (including some Steelhead denizens).
However, my mailboxen get totally crammed full of group notices, marketing notices, and stuff that I pretty much delete en masse. I’d like to stay current and maybe hear about a new class I could take (classes are always a good way for me to get recharged about things like building, creating, and trying something new).
Indigo Mertel recently blogged about some suggestions she would like that are specific to groups, and then she added a few more. She is founder of the East River Community, so improvements to group communication are clearly her motivation.
My motivations are less lofty; I just want to remove all the excess chaff from my (multiple) inboxes.
I’ve submitted my suggestion, but of course there’s no upvote capability so I’d apprecate if readers could also add a similar suggestion if they find the idea helpful! Let’s reduce the crap from our inboxen and free ourselves from the tyranny of email!
Huzzah and such! A new product (actually, a pair of them):
In honor of the newest Doctor, the walking stick of the First Doctor. This is a common country-gentleman style, so it’s not limited to SF roleplay.
I’m very happy to get this done, it’s been a hard slog of prim-twisting, image-wrangling, and animation-tweaking (not to mention script-monkeying).
Good Lord, is that the time? Doesn’t matter, just hop in the old TARDIS and arrive just in time for breakfast, well rested!
This new Doctor Who feller may well end up with a cane, too, if his rabid fan based have anything to say about it. There might be bunnies.
Introducing the Royal Wedding or Ascot Hat Fatpack. When unboxed you’ll have 7 hats, plus one extra rotated for a side-brim look.
Colors: Allspice, Blueberry, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Grape, Laurel, and Mustard. Also sold separately.
Great for spring or summer weddings, garden parties, polo events, or just looking elegantly cool and collected.
- Late Victorian/Edwardian Style
- Prim/Sculpt construction
- Fits Mesh or Classic Avatars
- Resizeable (larger size fits bigger hair for a different look)
- Rotate for a side view look!
St Helens Dry Goods – We’ve Got You Covered!
Here’s a variety of hats with lots of different texture options. Some of these are available sized and rotated for Dinkies kitty avatars and classic Tinies, but should all be modifiable.
The Chameleonic hats have texture switcher scripts for the hat bands and bodies, and most of them also have a resizer in the root prim. Just touch the band or body to get a texture menu.
Texture Change Top Hats – mostly unisex
Drop by the shop in St Helens any time to see other items, like foldable mesh screens, wall fountains, and some lighting and other household items.
Mahalo, Thank You!
Send me an IM anytime if you encounter perms issues or have a question.
via St Helens Dry Goods – Hats – SLUniverse Forums.